Here it is!
You sit up and stretch as the warm morning sunlight streams through your window. It is Monday. You are 19 years old, live at home, and have a part-time job at a local cupcake shop. Your shifts start at 9:00 A.M. and end at 3:30 P.M. . You look at your clock and realize it’s already 8:30! You get dressed, eat a quick breakfast, and hop in your car. You notice your gas is very low. If you stop for gas, go to 1, if you don’t, go to 2.
1. You pull into a gas station and get a little bit of gas. It’s 8:55 and it takes 7 more minutes to get there! You hop in your car again and head for work. Go to 3.
2. You pull into the cupcake shop parking lot right as your gas light turns on and right as it turns 9:00. When you walk in, the manager says, “Just in time! I need you to make some chocolate cupcakes.” So you head into the kitchen. Go to 4.
3. You arrive at the cupcake shop at 9:02. When you walk in, the manager frowns and says, “You’re late,” you hang your head in shame. The manager quickly changes the subject by saying, “I need you to make some chocolate cupcakes.” So you head into the kitchen. Go to 4.
4. You combine the ingredients, scoop the batter into the tins, and put them in the preheated oven. The manager tells you to frost some strawberry cupcakes. The frosting is ready. You walk over to the frosting table and start. When you have 2 cupcakes left, you timer for your chocolate cupcakes in the oven goes off. If you finish frosting the cupcakes, go to 5, if you take your cupcakes out of the oven, go to 7.
5. You frost the last 2 cupcakes and go to the oven. When you take the cupcakes out, they look slightly burnt. The manager is in the bathroom. Maybe, if I. Frost these now, no one will notice, you think. You make chocolate frosting and frost your chocolate cupcakes. It runs a little bit because the cakes are still warm, but they look fine. Manager comes out of the bathroom and tells you to run the counter. A customer comes and asks for one of your chocolate ones. After she pays, she bites into it and makes a face. Manager asks what’s wrong. She says it tastes burnt. She gets a refund. A few minutes later, manager has a talk with you. Go to 6.
6. “You can go home now,” he says, “you don’t get your pay today. I don’t want any trouble.” You silently leave the shop. Next time, you’ll make better choices. ~
7. You take your cupcakes out of the oven and they look beautiful. You set them down to cool, then return to frosting the strawberry cupcakes. When you’re done, the manager, whose name is Bob, tells you to run the counter. A customer comes and buys a vanilla cupcake for $2. She goes outside to eat it. When you count the money she gave you, you realize she accidentally gave you $3! If you don’t give her the extra dollar, go to 8, if you give her the extra dollar, go to 9.
8. You put the money in the register. “Did you notice that extra dollar?” Bob suddenly asks. He’d been watching the whole time. You shamefully admit. Go to 6.
9. You rush outside and give the extra dollar to the lady. The thanks you. When you return inside, you see there’s a long line, and only one employee working the counter, whose name is Ann. You want to help her, but you really need to use the restroom. If you use the restroom, go to 10, if you go and help Ann, go to 11.
10. You are walking to the restroom when Ann throws you a flustered, helpless glance. You ignore it, and walk into the restroom. When you come out, the line is still long, and Ann is the only one working the counter. Go to 12.
11. You walk to Ann’s side and ask if you can help. She accepts gratefully. Go the 12.
12. Side by side, you and Ann serve all the people in the long line. When you’re done, you exchange high fives. It’s 12:00: lunch break. After lunch, you work the counter. As a customer is ordering, your cell phone rings. The call is from your friend, Emma. If you answer it, go to 13, if you don’t, go to 14.
13.” Excuse me, sir” you tell the disturbed customer. You answer your phone. “Hi!” Emma says,”I won my soccer game! Let me tell you all about it!” If you let her go on, go to 15, if you don’t, go to 16.
14. “I’m sorry about this,” you say silencing your phone. The customer finishes ordering. Go to 17.
15. It takes 15 minutes for Emma to tell you all about her soccer game. Then, you chat with her for a while. 15 minutes ago when she started telling you about her soccer game, John took over the counter, tossing you a “you know you’re guilty” glances. When you’re done on the phone, it’s already 1:35. Bob comes up to you, wearing a scowl. Go to 6.
16. “Emma,” you interrupt her, “I really have to go now,” and before she has time to say anything, you hang up. You return to your customer. Go to 14.
17. It is now 1:03. Not too many people come after 1:30. You serve customers for the next half hour. At about 1:35, you call Emma back with Bob’s permission. “Sorry about earlier,” you say when she answers, “I was in the middle of serving a customer.” “That’s fine!” She answers. It takes her 15 minutes to tell you all about her soccer game. Then you chat for a while. When you’re dine on the phone, it’s 2:00. Suddenly, you hear screeching brakes! There was a car accident outside. If you rush outside to see what happened, go to 18. If you don’t, go to 19.
18. You rush outside. Apparently, two cars collided. You can’t get a good view because people are flocked around the accident like flies around fallen food. You go back inside. Go to 20.
19. You stay inside, but gaze out the windows. You can’t get a decent view because people are flocked around the crash like flies around fallen food. Go to 20.
20. Bob comes out of the kitchen and says, “What was that terrible noise?” “I think,” you say, “that a couple cars crashed.” He nods in agreement. It’s now 2:30. Bob says to you, “You’ve done well today. You can go home now, or you can stay here a while longer, if you like.” If you go home, go to 21. If you decide to stay, go to 22.
21. You decide to head home. On the way, you fill up you car all the way with gas. Today was a great day, you think. *THE END*
22. You serve customers and decorate cupcakes for the next hour. Go to 21.
Well I hope you liked it! Bye y’all!